Stewart Island natural wonders Retreat
2nd – 7th March 2024 sold out
stewart island - New Zealand
Calling all birdwatchers, nature lovers, yogis, walkers, adventurers and photographers. Come with us for an epic 6 day experience on Aotearoa’s anchor stone, Rakiora/Stewart Island, where you are likely to encounter all manner of rare and iconic wildlife. The majestic albatross, the endangered yellow eyed penguin, the impressive sea lion, the iconic kiwi, the super cute little blue penguin, the rare mohua (yellow head), kakariki (NZ parakeet), tieke(saddleback), kaka, weka, tititipounamu (rifleman), ngirungiru (tomtit) and many other NZ native birds existing in some of the best examples of original NZ native forest ecosystems that we will explore by boat, kayak, and foot.
Rakiura is an enchanted world of unmodified ecosystems and habitats. From dense coastal rainforests and freshwater wetlands to vast sand dunes and granite mountain ranges, the park provides an exceptional opportunity to see native wildlife and primeval landscapes. Rakiura translates to ‘the Land of Glowing Skies’, a name that refers to both the beautiful night-sky phenomenon called the Aurora Australis (the Southern Lights) and the breathtaking sunsets that burn on the western horizon. With 440 residents you will hardly see a car or a person, it really is the wild, untouched South.
Sea KAyaking Tours
Stewart island Retreat includes:
- Five nights in spacious, private chalets, set in beautiful native grounds.
- Delicious wholesome vegetarian meals; all meals are included. Prepared by Anna from the Veggie Tree.
- Morning meditations
- Daily Vinyasa yoga sessions
- Daily Yin yoga sessions with guided self-myofascial release
- Guided sea-kayaking trip in the sheltered, pristine waters of Paterson Inlet.
- Water taxi to Port William and then a half-day hike along part of the Rakiura Track, one of NZ’s Great Walks, back to Lee Bay, and several other guided walks around the island.
- Travel by water taxi to visit the predator-free bird sanctuary of Ulva Island.
- Cruise by catamaran to view marine and bird life that inhabit the nearby islands.
- Kiwi-spotting guided tour through the bush to Ocean Beach.
- Group pick up and drop off from Invercargill airport.
- Plenty of time to absorb the beautiful surroundings
- One month free access to all our online classes prior to retreat starting, includes access to over 1,000 classes.
Not included in the package
Ferry trip to and from Stewart Island
Airfares / Travel insurance
BOOK THIS RETREAT:
As always, there are limited places and this retreat is likely to fill up quickly. If you are interested in coming please let us know soon, to avoid disappointment.
Reach out to us today so we can reserve your spot. Email: [email protected]